Saturday 25 July 2015

Outfit: I am what's left of the youth



Distressed denim pants: Dresslink ~ Tassels crop top: Dresslink ~ Faux leather jacket: H&M ~ Platform sandals: Deichmann

So there was this lecturer guy at my uni... I actually don't wanna talk about him anymore but he was the one who made me fall in love with distressed denim because he didn't wear anything else ever. To be honest I completely lost interest in undistressed denim. If I am for some reason forced to buy a regular pair of jeans I distress them myself at home with scissors and tweezers :D Now many people, including my own dad of course, don't understand why I would pay money for something that is technically already destroyed. Well, I guess it's human nature to want what we don't have. And the rich, well-fed, well-protected 90s kids from Rainbowunicornpokemonland just crave destruction and rawness. At least in their fashion, movies and video games. Making nice looking clothes look nice is like fishing in a goldfish bowl. Making destroyed garments look awesome and interesting - that's the real challenge. Enough philosophy for today. I love to pair distressed pants with delicate lace tights and heels for a bit of contrast. The light top with tassels adds a bit of a beachy feel while the faux leather jacket and the hat bring the look back to it's rock n' roll kind of vibe. You know, I love outfits that can't be pigeonholed. This is an outfit that can easily be dressed up or down depending on what your plans are by exchanging the heels for flats, the crop top for a band tee, the leather jacket for a boho jacket and so on. The possibilities are endless ;)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment